Presenters: Attorneys and staff from the MMA Legal Services and Communication and Educational Services Departments
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is a “must” for newly elected and veteran officials-councilors & selectpersons-as well as a wonderful opportunity to learn key points of your new position while networking with officials from around the state. (Qualifies as Maine FOAA Training.)
A perfect opportunity for elected officials to take advantage of the expertise that the Maine Municipal Association has to offer, attain a better understanding of their role as public officials, and stay abreast of ever-changing local government responsibilities and issues.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• What are our rights and duties as officials?
• Can we hold multiple offices?
• Which of our meetings are open to the public?
• Must we have an agenda and take minutes?
• What ordinances can we enact?
• What are our liabilities and immunities?
• What is a disqualifying conflict of interest?
*Registrants will receive their Zoom registration, including meeting details and the link to access the webinar, no later than 24 hours in advance.